EPIC Work Performed
The EPIC work performed on its first two years
EPIC started as the Electric Propulsion SRC PSA on 2/10/2014, and the EPIC Contract Agreement nº 640199 was signed by ESA on 19/11/ 2014, and later by its partners (ASI, BELSPO, CDTI, CNES, DLR, UKSA, Eurospace and SME4SPACE).
A number of the above described tasks have already been performed by EPIC on its first two years of life (October 2014 – September 2015) to support the European Commission and the definition of the first SRC call for Operational Grants (COMPET-3-2016):
List of tasks performed under each work package (WP):
- WP1: Project Management: Organizing the work, programmatic, financial and legal. Managing communications with EC/REA.
- WP2: Technology mapping and applications collection: Organisation of first EPIC workshop in Brussels.
- WP3: Activity Definition and Master Planning: Prioritisation of activities and definition of the SRC EPIC Roadmap. Organisation of second EPIC Workshop in Stockholm.
- WP4: Direct and continuous support to the European Commission: Preparation of the 2016 Call Text, Technical Annexes and the Collaboration Agreement.
- WP5: Dissemination: Definition of the Dissemination Plan. Increase in activities post publication of the H2020 2016-2017 Work Plan. Media Activities: EPIC website and Logo. Use of social media and presence at congresses and symposiums.
A number of Deliverables have already been produced and provided by EPIC to support the European Commission and the definition of the SRC Roadmap:
- 1 (Database EP technologies and TRL),
- 2 (Database of EPS key requirements and technical specifications for current and future missions),
- 3 (Workshop 1 report), D2.4 (Critical review and gap analysis of requirements vs application domains),
- 1(Trade-off analysis of EP systems/technologies to be proposed for future developments),
- 2 (Roadmap for SRC activities),
- 3 (Master plan for SRC activities),
- 4 (Workshop 2 report),
- 1 (Preliminary Information for the preparation of the 2016 Call text for Operational Grants),
- 3 (Collaboration Agreement),
- 24 (Preliminary information package (technical annexes) for the preparation of the 2016 Call text for Operational Grants),
- 1(Dissemination Plan),
To reach the SRC objectives and elaborate the SRC Roadmap, EPIC mainly organized two workshops to consult with stakeholders:
- The first one on 25-28 November 2014 at Brussels to identify the state of the art in EP technologies, and identify the requirements and need from all related stakeholders,
- The second one on 11-12 February 2015 at Stockholm to define the priorities for Incremental Technologies