EPIC Work Performed
The EPIC work performed on its first three years
EPIC started as the Electric Propulsion SRC PSA on 2/10/2014, and the EPIC Contract Agreement nº 640199 was signed by ESA on 19/11/ 2014, and later by its partners (ASI, BELSPO, CDTI, CNES, DLR, UKSA, Eurospace and SME4SPACE).
A number of the above described tasks have already been performed by EPIC on its first three years of life (October 2014 – September 2017) to support the European Commission and the definition and implementation of the first SRC 2016 Call for Operational Grants (COMPET-3-2016), and the preparation of the second SRC 2019 & 2020 Calls for Operational Grants:
Tasks performed under each work package (WP):
- WP1: Project Management: Organizing the work, programmatic, financial and legal. Managing communications with EC/REA.
- WP2: Technology mapping and applications collection: Organisation of first EPIC workshop in Brussels.
- WP3: Activity Definition and Master Planning: Prioritisation of activities and definition of the SRC EPIC Roadmap. Organisation of second EPIC Workshop in Stockholm.
- WP4: Direct and continuous support to the European Commission: Preparation of the 2016 Call Text, Technical Annexes and the Collaboration Agreement.
- WP5: Dissemination: Definition of the Dissemination Plan. Increase in activities post publication of the H2020 2016-2017 Work Plan. Media Activities: EPIC website and Logo. Use of social media and presence at congresses and symposiums.
A number of Deliverables have already been produced and provided by EPIC to support the European Commission and the definition of the SRC Roadmap:
- 1 (Database EP technologies and TRL),
- 2 (Database of EPS key requirements and technical specifications for current and future missions),
- 3 (Workshop 1 report), D2.4 (Critical review and gap analysis of requirements vs application domains),
- 1(Trade-off analysis of EP systems/technologies to be proposed for future developments),
- 2 (Roadmap for SRC activities),
- 3 (Master plan for SRC activities),
- 4 (Workshop 2 report),
- 1 (Preliminary Information for the preparation of the 2016 Call text for Operational Grants),
- 3 (Collaboration Agreement),
- 24 (Preliminary information package (technical annexes) for the preparation of the 2016 Call text for Operational Grants),
- 1(Dissemination Plan),
To reach the SRC objectives and elaborate the SRC Roadmap, EPIC mainly organized three workshops to consult with stakeholders, and to present and review the SRC activities and review the European EP technology developments:
- The first one on 25-28 November 2014 at Brussels to identify the state of the art in EP technologies, and identify the requirements and need from all related stakeholders,
- The second one on 11-12 February 2015 at Stockholm to define the priorities for Incremental Technologies,
- The third one on 24-25 October 2017 at Madrid to present and review the SRC activities and review the European EP technology developments,